Monday, April 23, 2012

Metal Wall Cabinet

Hello friends,
On Saturday I went to a neighborhood garage sale not far from my house. I like going to neighborhood sales. Just park your car, and walk around!! It's so much easier then driving all over. After I hit about ten homes that was enough for me! I did get some good bargains. To me It's just the thrill of the hunt. You never know what you can find! One of the things I found was a really old metal wall cabinet. It was really rusty, a little too rusty for me, but after a little painting, and sanding I think It turned out ok! It's still rusty, but not over the top. Since I have changed my style In the kitchen, I think this fits In.



 
I think It fits In with the look I'm going for. I also found the double fruit basket on the table. 



I filled two of the bins with herbs. Thyme,and oregano. I don't know what this cabinet was originally used for, but It sure was used!!


 
 I stacked some of my breadboards, and added my number spice cups. It needed something.
That's it!  

Have a great day! 




29 comments:

Angie said...

I am loving your kitchen's new look and that cabinet is awesome!

Anne said...

Kathy,
You always get lucky with your garage sales.I need to get out to more of those around here.Maybe it is just the area you live in.LOVE this metal piece.And you displayed it perfectly.
Anne

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy that looks great, love how you added the herbs! Love your kitchens new look!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love that and your kitchen is looking so good.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

I love that you can see the faint numbers under the paint. it looks wonderful on your wall!

sissie said...

I love this. It looks like it might have been part of a big cabinet that held flour, etc.

Looks great.

hugs
Sissie

toko baju muslim pria said...

This really is wonderful article ! I simply love’d it !

Willow said...

I love what you did with it. I would have never thought of it. That is why I like blogging. So many wonderful ideas from people.

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

I love them, and want them. Perfect for that space:)

Susie said...

Kathy, I like your kitchen. That fruit basket is wonderful. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Linda said...

Yes I agree with Sissie, it was probably used for flour, sugar, maybe part of a Hoosier.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Wow, what great vision! It is an amazing piece!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Kathy: That is wonderful!! It looks so good in the kitchen. And the fruit bowl is beautiful. Perfect on the table. Were the numbers on when you got it? Yeah, that was a great find..Happy Monday..Judy

Michelle said...

Wow-just love it! The kitchen looks gorgeous!!!!
Michelle

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I just love the look of your new cabinet! The numbers and the new finish add so much. You have such a knack!

pam {simple details} said...

What a charming piece, and your idea to place the herbs in there is the perfect detail to take it up a notch!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

What a find for sure! I am so excited for our sales to begin~Cheers Kim

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love neighborhood sales for the same reasons you do.

I also absolutely love these gorgeous images of your kitchen!

Claudia said...

I really like it and the new look of your kitchen, Kathy.

xo
Claudia

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So in love with it, it is so old looking and you did wonders with the paint on it! Your kitchen is looking so gorgeous!

Sharing Shadymont said...

Beautiful find! Looks great in your kitchen.

An@ said...

Congratulations ...
All well and good, clean and lovely!

I love
hugs

paola said...

I love it!!
paola

A Cottage Muse said...

That cabinet fits in perfectly with your kitchen Kathy...looks great!

Cindy said...

Ohhhh! I think it's just wonderful! Cool find!

Cindy

classic • casual • home said...

Darling...love the vignette.

Terrie Mathison said...

Wow that is awesome! Looks great in your home!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bright kitchen and eating area. I linked from Savy Southern Style to your bunny centerpiece and looked around. You have a lovely home!

maya said...

respect wow :)