Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blueprints

Hello friends,
I was browsing around a garage sale a few weeks ago, and I came across a big box of blueprints! I've never seen blueprints at a garage sale before, but I guess they just wanted to get rid of them. I thought to myself what can I do with blueprints??? I had no Idea at the time what I would do with them. I usually buy stuff nobody wants. well, as I was sitting in my office looking at the box of dusty blueprints I figured out how I could use them! Sometimes It takes me awhile, but I usually can come up with something, but not always.A lot of my projects I tossed In the trash, and I really did toss them!! I can really aim good now. I just hope the neighbors can't see me:))



  
My office is painted moss green. It's the only room In the house that's painted in a dark color. This blueprint dates back to 1949. Yikes I'm older then this blueprint!!


I had a pack of artist canvas that I bought for a project that I never started, so I used them for two more blueprints.I just glued them on. 


The blueprints were folded up so the creases will never come out, but I think It gives It more character. 
 
I bought this picture at the thrift shop. The frame was perfect for the blueprint. Someone made this frame using solid wood. Who ever made this did a good job!

Have a great day!!


12 comments:

Anne said...

Kathy,
What a great idea.Honestly how do you come up with all of these great ideas.That looks amazing creases and all!
Anne

Blondie's Journal said...

You come up with the best ideas! This is really creative and I love the look! And I really can't believe you toss that much out! ;-D

XO,

Jane

Susie said...

I have a roll of electrical blueprints from an old job I was on. The company was finished with them , so I got to keep them. I thought one day I would have them on the garage walls. But hey yours looks good in a frame..hmmm. Smiles, Susie

Susan said...

How creative! I would never have thought to do that in a million years!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. Love the frame for the blueprint and yes the creases add character. Love this whole vignette!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Kathy: That was a great idea. The frame looks like it was made for them. Perfect for the office..Happy Mother's Day..Judy

Pamela Gordon said...

A great idea. I bought a tool trug similar to the one in your previous post at a yard sale for $2.00. I think I may plant flowers in it and use it outside but I like your idea too. Have a great weekend! Pamela

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They look great.

Ranchgirl said...

Your blog is becoming addicting to me. :)
I like this. Years ago (before blogs) we found a WATERCOLOR blueprint of my grandparents house.
Of course my sister framed it as well. Priceless now.

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, what a great idea! I love the lanterns and how you placed books inside....that too is a great idea!! In fact, I just LOVE everything about this vignette. Enjoy your day and Happy Mother's Day, Gail

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Blueprints....what a cool garage sale find! I Love the whole vignette! It really looks wonderful! That thrift shop frame looks perfect with the blueprint.

Julie @ The Family CEO said...

I love the blueprints. I would have totally bought them too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...