Saturday, September 1, 2012

$5.00 Chandelier

Hello friends,
I found a $5.00 chandelier at a garage sale! Yep, 5 bucks!  It did need some work, but I was willing to do It. I've been watching my hubby rewire my old chandeliers for years, and over the years I've learned how to do It myself. (most of It) If It just needs some basic work like a longer wire It's not really that hard to do. My hubby's job Is to make sure the wires are In good condition. The most Important thing Is to make sure It's safe, and In this case It only needed a longer wire. (He always checks my work:) It makes me feel good to know that I can do things on my own. Not everything, but I want to at least try to learn!! Your never to old to learn!!





I had to put a longer wire on It so It would hang down where I wanted It to be. 


It was silver!! I sprayed It with  rust-oleum antique brass, and aged copper. I used two different colors on It, and It came out the color I was going for. I bought the 6 inch candle sleeves on ebay.


 
The final cost   $20.00 

Have a Happy Labor Day!!! 




  


16 comments:

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Looks great, and your room is so pretty.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

What a great find!

Anne said...

Kathy,
Now that is a sweet deal! Great job on the transformation!
xx
Anne

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Kathy! I love the scrolls and the color turned out great. Amazing find and transformation!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Kathy! What a deal!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love it. It looks amazing. The color turned out fabulous. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Stacey said...

Wow, perfect!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh,, it's fabulous! I just love that you found it for $5.00, and now it looks like an expensive, designer home chandelier!

Cindy

Gina said...

That's gorgeous and what a steal at $5.00!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

You know I love your blog, there is never ever any strife on it just good old decorating and finds♥ Your chandy is gorgeous and has your special touch!

cynthia lee designs said...

What a pretty light...and a awesome price. It looks great!!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

How lucky are you... Just $5.00.
Love the transformation. Looks great over your table.

Sharing Shadymont said...

It turned out beautifully! Great job as usual!!!

Adriane-Pages from Home said...

I love it! I have 2 chandeliers in the garage..I keep going back and forth on what color to paint them! Love these colors!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

It looks fabulous with your decor and love the price too~Cheers Kim

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Looks great!

Jan @ door251.com