Monday, November 19, 2012

Can't Forget The Windowsill

Hello friends,
I had to add some Christmas to the kitchen windowsill. I love to have something that stands out there, and i like to have something to look at when i'm doing the dishes!! I went outside and gathered three of my clay pots, and aged them up a little. I bought three little Christmas trees last year after Christmas when everything was 50% off. I thought they would look cute on the windowsill for Christmas. I'm trying to get a head start on some of my decorating. 





 




    I tied some check ribbon on top. I added a Christmas tag, cinnamon
    sticks, and candy canes.




    I started with this plain clay pot.


    I aged it with some craft paint. Antique white first. Then some brown.
    Then some green on the bottom. I just blended it together.


    I cut some burlap and tied it with twine. That's about it!!


                                                 Have a great day!!
                                                 I'm linking to:
                                                 Creative Cain Cottage
                                                 Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays




21 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Kate ~ what a great idea ~ The little trees look wonderful on your window sill. Thanks for the inspiration. Now, where are my clay pots.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You made a good decision last year getting those three wee trees. :)
They look wonderful on your windowsill!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very cute, Kathy! I love the way you decorated all three of them!

Dawn said...

Those are just darling, and perfect for your window sill. You also did a great job shooting with all that back light, that is the hardest photo to capture.

Poppy said...

Hi Kathy,

Every time I click on to your lovely blog, I am entertained and amazed at your creativity and talent. These cute little Christmas trees with their pots are adorable! Of course I'm partial to red and white and so these are utterly irresistible!

Poppy :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cute Cute look and THRIFTY too!!!

Blessings,
Linda

My Cozy Casita said...

Hi Kathy, those Christmas trees they look so cute!
Happy Thanksgiving!
XO
Isora

Cozy Little House said...

Adorable, as always!
Brenda

Gail said...

They're adorable Kathy! I love the way you aged the pots and decorated each pot a little different. Hoe you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Gail

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

These are really cute! I want to put something on the ledge of the 3 windows over my sink and something like this might be just the ticket.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your little pots and trees, Kathy. You have such an eye for detail while keeping it simple and sweet!

XO,
Jane

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty Kathy!!

Dawn said...

Thanks for linking up to the party tonight, you know how much I love the look:)

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I love your trees on your windowsill, and I love how you decorated each pot differently. Oh, this puts me in the mood for Christmas!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I love trees everywhere they look great~Cheers Kim

camp and cottage living said...

Kathy
I love what you did with simple clay pots! I may just have to copy this idea, if you don't mind!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your windowsill--it looks delightful!

Crafty Gardener said...

Cute trees on the window ledge and I love how you decorated up the clay pots. I'm sharing some button trees this week.

Carol said...

Those are so simple and so lovely.

Deidre said...

LOVE the utter Simplicity of your windowsill.The trees make such a bold and festive statement.just lovely:)

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Love the little trees in the window seal. I bought 3 little Christmas trees at a thrift store a few weeks ago. This might be a great idea for them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...