Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Made A New Table Runner

Hello friends,
I was in the mood for a little sewing over the weekend, and decided to make a table runner. I'm loving everything about checks these days!! I bought a linen tablecloth at the thrift shop, and decided to use that. I also had some check, and rooster valances that were put away for quite some time, and i wanted to make use of them. I use tablecloths for a lot of my sewing since i buy them at the thrift shop for usually about a dollar. My best time to create is early in the morning. I don't know why, but that's the time i get all my ideas!! Sometimes good ideas !! Sometimes not so good!! I'll have to see if you think this was one of my good ideas:) 




 



    I put together a centerpiece while i was at it!!



     I started with this plain white linen tablecloth.


    I cut it to the length, and width i wanted. Then started cutting, and
    sewing.

    The old check, and rooster valances!
   


    I decided to use the top cover of the valance too. It needed some color.
    The all white top looked to plain.

    I made some box pleats!! That's it!! Then iron away!

                                          Thanks for stopping by!
                                           I'm linking to:
                                           Farmhouse Porch


22 comments:

Anne said...

So Pretty Kathy! Love that check pattern! And what a pretty winter greens arrangement!
xx
Anne

Low Tide High Style said...

So ingenious and beautiful too!

Kat

Cozy Little House said...

Love it!
Brenda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How cute and love the centerpiece.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Gorgeous...just gorgeous Kathy! Love the look of the room too!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like it, Kathy! Love the checks!

20 North Ora said...

How cute!! Really a nice touch!

Judy

Dawn said...

It's lovely, and I like that you reused the curtains you already had. Beautiful!! If a sucker for anything gingham..

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Both the runner and the center piece are beautiful!! I love the roosters!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Cute runner and Love your centerpiece.Very seasonal!!

Susan said...

Your table runner is so cute. I love the roosters and the gingham. This would fit well in my kitchen. This will also work for the Christmas season with the red and white gingham.

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, I love your table runner. What a great way to repurpose the olden tablecloth. 'Course using the gingham and the cute Rooster fabric just make it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so pretty--love your tablerunner and it looks so perfect with the centerpiece, Has a farmhouse Christmas look--which I love. Those caneback chairs are so pretty too.

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

That turned out great...
Ciao for now

Sharing Shadymont said...

Great idea, and I think it turned out really nice!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love it...very pretty!!
Love your centerpiece too!
~Cindy

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I too love tablecloths to use for other projects.It looks so festive, will be great for the holidays~Cheers Kim

Gail said...

That looks so pretty Kathy! I just love your table runner and the pretty greens you added. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

Blondie's Journal said...

Well done! I love the ruffle. Sewing is another one of your many talents! Love the evergreen arrangement, too! :)

XO,
Jane

Rosemary said...

Kathy, love, love, love the runner. May I ask what kind of greens and berries you used in your centerpiece. It's perfect! Rosemary

Rosemary said...

Kathy, I love the runner and may I ask what kind of greens and berries were used in the centerpiece. It's perfect!

Rosemary

Poppy said...

Hi Kathy,

Absolutely am in love with the check ruffle and the rooster! So farmhouse fresh and fun!

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Poppy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...