Saturday, November 17, 2012

Paperwhites

Hello friends,
Don't you just love paperwhites!! They have pretty showy flowers. I love to have them all around the house for christmas. I planted mine about a week ago, and they should be in full bloom for christmas. They are one of the easiest bulbs to grow. Just imagine the different containers you can grow them in, and wouldn't they make a cute gift for Christmas tied with a pretty bow!  



 I think they will look pretty in this ironstone bowl i found at the thrift
 shop.
     How about some ceramic bowls you have around the house.


  
I love putting them in different size silver bowls. Wouldn't that make a pretty Christmas vignette. I can't wait for them to bloom!


                                              Have a great weekend




                                       



                                 

9 comments:

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

They look elegant in every container you put them in - most I would never have thought of. You are so creative! We have starter paperwhites at our garden store and I'm going to buy some and scour my house for cute containers like yours. By Easter they should fill my house with new life!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Yes, they are pretty at Christmas. Mine have been in for a few weeks.I did a tutorial on them.
Love your containers.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your home is going to be so pretty with all those beautiful blooms...luv the containers that you have used.

Blessings,
Linda

Anne said...

Kathy you home is going to look beautiful with all of those paper whites.Love those ironstone and silver pieces too! I just planted mine doing this for the first time.I may go back next week and grab a few more! It will be nice to have some linger after Christmas.
xx
Anne

Dawn said...

Very pretty, it looks like we both had the same idea today. Our posts look very similar. LOL

Cozy Little House said...

Do they not have to have drainage? I've never done this before.
Brenda

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

You're right, they are so pretty. I just planted some too, it is nice to be able to use any type of container that typically may not be right for a plant. Happy Thanksgiving...Ciao

Blondie's Journal said...

These look so pretty in the ironstone and I love them in the silver dish! I haven't planted mine yet...they will probably bloom in January like they did last year! lol!

Happy Saturday, Kathy!

XO,
Jane

Gail said...

I just planted mine last week. This is the first time I've planted them. I love the ironstone and silver you planted yours in. They're going to be beautiful. Hope you're having a wonderful day, Gail