Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape And Thoughts

Hello friends,
Thanksgiving is going to be here before we know it! We are writing our lists, and checking it twice. Getting together all our recipes for a special day!



    But, I don't want to lose the true meaning of Thanksgiving. It's not
    about the turkey, and all the fixings.

    I want to reflect back on what we truly have to be thankful for.



    We all want to set a pretty table, and make that extra efford to make
     our guests feel special.

    But it's more about being with the people we love!



    Sharing, laughing, and sometimes shedding a few tears thinking about
    Thanksgiving pasts.



     I know I'm truly grateful for my family, and friends. I'm truly     
     grateful for the little things In life.

                                        Have a great day!



                                    

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- that is just beautiful. I love all your mix/match silver. xo Diana

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! You're so right! We do have so much to be thankful for and your table is beautiful. I love your centerpiece.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh Mercy! I see we are much on the same wave length with our settings and our sentiments. Only you are less winded then me. Lol! Are your dishes all brown? They look just like my new dishes but mine have additional colors. Beautiful setting!

Sarah said...

I feel the same way! So very much in my life for which to be thankful. A group of friends will join us on Thursday. Looking forward to sharing friendship over a delicious meal......Sarah

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful post and beautiful tablescape!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kathy!

Gail said...

Beautiful post Kathy! We do have so much to be thankful for. Our Thanksgiving is all about family, friends and love...who could ask for anything more. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful post. Happy Thanksgiving.

Judy

Vintage Gal said...

Beautiful post and I agree with you 100% ~! We have so much to be thankful for, just look around you ;-)

Anne said...

Beautiful post Kate! Your table looks beautiful! I am thankful for every moment spent with family!
xx
Anne

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your setting is just gorgeous--those plates are awesome.

Blondie's Journal said...

Well said, Kathy! But don't doubt people aren't going to notice your pretty table!

XO,
Jane

Melanie said...

Ooh, I love your tags that you made. Your tablescape is gorgeous!

TheFiveDays said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This is totally off the subject but I just found your blog and love your kitchen! Mine is almost exactly the same layout except you have more space between your oven and refrigerator. I would love to see a post on how you have it all organized (what goes where!). I struggle with that in mine!