Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tabletop Tree And Swag Wreaths

Hello friends,
I made two swag wreaths for the living room. I found a new thrift shop not far from my home, and when I spotted these two big old doors there I knew I wanted to bring them home. The lady at the thrift shop said they came from a big old house that was just sold. I love the wood, and wouldn't dare paint them!! Another bonus was they delivered them with no charge. I bought these In the summer, but I'm just getting around to showing you.



     I put up a small tabletop tree this year In the living room.
     I bought It at lowe's, and I bought the holiday pillows at kohl's.

   I went out In the yard, and cut some pine for the swags. I added some
   burlap, and sprayed some pinecones gold. These doors are huge!!!
   7 1/2 feet tall. I have them resting against the wall .I added some 
   fabric to the top panel.


     I bought these series of bird prints at a garage sale. They fit perfect
     In between the two doors.

    Lots of my little feathered friends on the tree peeking out.

                                                 Have a great day!!




11 comments:

Anne said...

Kathy those doors were a great find! LOVE your sweet little tree and that pillow is perfect on your beautiful chair!
xx
Anne

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

That first shot is stunning Kathy!! Merry Christmas!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Always so beautiful over here! The Bird prints were a great find for sure, love that lil tree to~Blessings Kim

Blondie's Journal said...

The doors were quite a steal...I love them and the swag you made. What a great idea and it looks so natural (well, it is!).

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

XO,
Jane

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a great find your little birdies are! All of your Christmas decor is so beautiful.
Cheers, Andrea

Susie said...

Kathy, Those are beautiful doors. I love the bird decorations so much. xoxo,Susie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the way you've decorated that door, Kathy! The sconce was a great touch!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Kathy love that wee tree!!
Very pretty!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Wow Kathy, those doors are so neat, I wouldn't paint them either! Love the swags you did on them too!
Have a Merry Christmas!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Those doors a great and look wonderful with your decor!! Love your little tree. Very sweet!
Karen

Gail said...

Kathy, I love those doors and the way you have them displayed! Your little tabletop tree is so pretty!! I've added birds to my tree this year too. Wishing you and your family a wonderful and Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Gail