Monday, January 7, 2013

Before And After Wall Hanging / Rack








Hello friends,
First I want to say thanks so much to all of you for helping me with my upload photo problem!! You guys are the best!!! I hope It will be fixed soon! I went to a moving sale late saturday afternoon. They were just about to close up shop when I got there, and everything was dirt cheap. They wanted to get rid of everything.Usually I'm the first one at the sales, but this time I decided to wait till the very end. That's when you can really get some bargains. I just took a chance that maybe they still had some good things left,and they did!



    I spotted this iron rack hanging on a door, and I knew I wanted It.
    The tag price was thirty dollars, but since it was closing time I got It
    for $15.00. I knew It had possibilities, and I knew right where I   
    wanted to hang It. This thing weighed a ton!! I really don't know how
    I carried It to my car, but my back was killing me for two days!!

    First thing some paint! I wish I could have sprayed It, but since the
    weather Is so cold I had to paint It by hand. It needed a couple coats
    to cover the black. Then a little aging with valspar mocha glaze.



                                                                                                                            
    Now the fun part starts!! What should I put In the baskets???
    Well, this Is what I came up with. I found the vintage hand egg beater,
     and the wooden handle scoops at a yard sale a few years ago. Some
     old mason jars too! Great place to hang my recipes!! It reminds me to
     start baking.


    
   I sure hope they fix the upload problem real soon!!!

                                                  Have a great day!!


30 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

OMG I love it! What a wonderful find and for only $15.00!!! Love how you painted it too! Looks wonderful!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is so cute!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful find, and for $15. Looks like a useful piece as well as something fun to add to your kitchen.

Dawn said...

OMG what a cool find and you fixed it up just perfect. I love it:)

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just awesome, Kathy! I love how you can envision how something can look and how you will use it. That's a true gift of creativity. You are going to have so much fun playing with this rack and you did a great job painting it!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

love it and i love what you did with it. i hope you get your upload photo problem fixed i love you blog and you home i look forward to you post i love to see what you do to you home.ang

Magazine Your Home said...

What a wonderful find and a great transformation. It always amazes me what a little white paint can do! I love finding unique items like this one too. You did a great job accessorizing.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very cute!! Love it's makeover!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did! How clever and adorable. I love this blog. Melanie O

WhiteWhispers2u said...

It is so stinkin fabulous! The black was not working for me and with just a lil paint it rocks.~Cheers Kim

Brooke Kroeger said...

That is a great deal. I probably would have told you not to paint it and leave it rusty, but after seeing it... it looks perfect. I love it when we can find that just right accent for a steal!

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your post today, and more importantly your site. I do not have to time to comment as much as I'd like to on each days share. I read blogs in a reader and not on the site to comment. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us.
I have been blogging for 4 years now and know how much dedication it takes. I wanted to share with you my new site. I think it is
something you might enjoy. I work with my own photography and vintage scans. I also work in jewelry design, home decor and of course.... gardening.

Here is my new site for my Vintage Inspired Artwork...http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/

And my original site that focuses on my own photography and projects, Creative Country Mom... My home and gardening site, where I share tutorials, crafts, decor and lots of gardening ideas.
http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/

Many blessings....Brooke
creativecountrymom@gmail.com

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw the arch! What a wonderful piece and for only $15!! I love it even more after your fabulous paint treatment!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great piece, Kathy! It suits you perfectly in its new color. Lucky you finding something so nice at the end of a sale!

Cozy Little House said...

I love it! You sure have an eye for what to choose.
Brenda

mariondee-designs said...

It must have been waiting just for you to take it home!! What a great transformation and i love it too!! take care, Maryann

Anne said...

Kathy I LOVE this piece!! What a transformation!I love how you are using it too! And what a steal!You need to have a shop!
xx
Anne

sissie said...

I love this! I also love the items that you chose to display. Very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

White Weathered Hutch, said...

The makeover makes it!!!!
Great bargain hunting Kathy..

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

What a great piece and I like how you have added your baking items.

Carol said...

Wow, that turned out out grate, Kathy! I'm seeing you having lots of fun decorating that for the holidays.

cynthia lee designs said...

Oh my...I love this piece!! It's amazing and you got it for a great price.
~Cindy

Gail said...

What a great find Kathy and what you did with it looks awesome! I love how you accessorized it!! Enjoy your day, Gail

Melanie said...

I am "in love" with your iron piece...I can't believe someone didn't snatch that up! And you got such a great deal on it. Even better...how you transformed it. WOW.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Great transition...love the rack on your wall. At $15 that was quite a steal. Hope your back is feeling better ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out, so cute!!
marsha.kern@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

Wow, that looks great, you always come up with the best ideas. I love your decorating style.

Cindy said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love how you decorated it with the jars and scoops. Cool that is real iron too. What a GREAT find!

Cindy

Anna said...

What a great idea! I want it in my kitchen;)

Audrey @ Neverending Decorating said...

I really love how that turned out, so beautiful! I'm a new reader and follower (would love for you to check out my blog when you get a minute). I found you through Linda @ Coastal Charm.
Have a great day,
Audrey @ neverendingdecorating.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

It´s a wonderfull blog.
I like so much¡
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...