Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Painted Cabinet

Hello friends,
Hope you had a great weekend! The weather here has been dark, Icy, and very dreary. Since I have been stuck In the house, It was a good day to do some painting. I have been wanting to paint this cabinet In the kitchen for the longest time. It was just so blah!! I never tried working with milk paint, and I had some that I bought on ebay last year. Good day to try It out. The color is buttermilk, and I added some ochre to give It some color.








     I glazed It In valspar mocha. It's my favorite glaze. Not too much, but I
     think just enough to age It.


 
    New paint, new vignette!!! That's the way It works for me.
 


     Just a little too blah for me. It needed a little pick me up!!


                                             Have a great day!







14 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just dreamy Kathy, I have some milkpaint too that I picked up at a Country store this past fall, only thing is it's a pumpkin color but for $2.00 I couldn't pass it up. Just don't know how I will use it.:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looks great Kathy! Love the pretty vignette too!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a pretty little cabinet, Kathy! Love the colors you used.

Art and Sand said...

I love your cabinet, but I also enjoyed all of the eye candy in your vignette. The little number containers with the red stripes are cute.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love it, Kathy! You did a great job and the vignette is so sweet. What a great way to spend a dreary day!

XO,
Jane

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, your cabinet is gorgeous! Love it.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

cynthia lee designs said...

Your cabinet looks great!! Love it!!
~Cindy

Susie said...

Kathy, I love that sweet cabinet. It looks like the perfect spot for a coffee/tea station. xox,Susie

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

So, so pretty Kathy! I was just thinking I might try out some milk paint as a store close by carries it. :)

Anne said...

Beautiful Kathy!LOVE your vignette too! I did lots of painting today.We had 65 degree weather.That is unheard of for January around here!
xx
Anne

Susan said...

Kathy it is very pretty! I love both the cabinet paint and the vignette. I absolutely love this look.

Gail said...

Beautiful make-over Kathy! I love the vignette you created. Enjoy your day, Gail

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks great Kathy...at least a good project done comes out of bad weather!

Carol said...

The cabinet is so adorable, Kathy, and I really like how you have it decorated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...