Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Retro Chic Bar Stools




Hello friends,
I've been keeping busy getting some projects done.I bought three old retro bar stools at the thrift shop a few months ago. They were $10.00 each, but were In need of some serious work!! I finally got around to start working on them. I think they were from the 1950's with the vinyl seat covers.





I used dropcloth to make the slips. I think they have the retro chic look now!! They fit just right under the counter. I love that they swivel too.

   


   
 

This Is what I started with! First thing my husband did for me was to cut four Inches off the legs. Now they fit comfortably under the counter.


 We had one nice day last week so I was able to spray them In the
  garage. I sprayed them rust-oleum metallic bronze. Then It was time to make the slips. Instead of going crazy trying to get the vinyl off I left It on, and just made slips that slip right over the outdated vinyl. The piping adds a finished look to them.
 
Right now I started another project. Roman shades for my window above the sink!! I'm still having trouble uploading! So, I'm sorry If my writing Is all over the place.

                                           Have a great day!!

                                                                                     

20 comments:

Anne said...

Those look amazing! What a transformation! Love that little basket stand with those jars next to your counter too!
xx
Anne

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Neat Kathy! You always give such great inspiration!

Sassy Southern Lady said...

They look great! I always enjoy reading your blog.

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

These are awesome....great vision.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are fabulous, Kathy!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love those stools Kathy and love the little slips you made for them!! Fabulous find!

Blondie's Journal said...

These stools are just perfect for your bar...just the right size without crowding. Love that you can see those things in something not so attractive to begin with. You did a wonderful job with the slips, the piping is great. I can't wait to see what you have come up with for the window! :)

XO,
Jane

Dawn said...

Great ideas to slip cover the new/old bar stools. They look great in your space, and yay to hubby for giving them a trim:)

White Weathered Hutch, said...

What a great find Kathy!!
Love the wee slips.

Gail said...

They look great Kathy! They don't even look like the same bar stools. I love the dropcloth slips you made for them. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

The bar stools look great with the new slips and fresh paint!

Cindy said...

I'm dying of jealousy over your stools, they are crazy wonderful! Ya'll were so clever to cut the legs off, and the slipcovers are precious. I would totally buy those stools if i saw them in a shop!

Cindy

Carol said...

The stools look great, Kathy. You did a very nice job!

Keeping It Cozy said...

The slipcovers look wonderful... what a fun addition to your kitchen!

Sarah said...

These are a fabulous find. They are perfect for your counter.

Lounging with a Latte said...

How cute, they look so cool and how amazing to be able to get 3 of them...they fit perfectly at the breakfast bar.

Shannon @ A Cozy Place Called Home said...

I admire your ability to see potential in something as sad looking as those stools were (sorry) and turn them into such good looking pieces of useful furniture! I'm sure I would have passed them by only seeing their present condition. Your kitchen is very pretty, especially with the new stools.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

LOVE these!! great job on the stool slips!!

Roberts Tracy said...

Lovey set of retro stools with pretty amazing colors & style, would be great for restaurant & bars.

Charles @ restaurant bar stools said...

The above retro stool would surely complement restaurant & bars as well must say that would be amazing restaurant bar stools.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...