Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Banner




Hello friends,
I'm starting some valentine's projects a little early!! When I'm In the mood I like to get them done. I kept an old country home magazine from 2007. I loved this February Issue, and couldn't throw It away. There was one valentine's project In the magazine that I always loved, but never got around to making It until now!! I made mine a little different, but It's similar to the one In the magazine. It didn't take long to make. The part that took the longest was cutting out the hearts, but If you want to try this you can always buy hearts from your craft store to save time.



    I cut out my hearts and glued on some paper doilies, and I made some with dots. I bought a deck of cards from the dollar store, and I'm using the one with hearts. I punched a small hole, and used ornament hooks to hang them up on a white chain. 
    I made lots of hearts! The more the better. I just scattered mine all  
   over. I wanted It to be really full.



    I bought red, and white construction paper for my hearts. Decorate them any way you want, and have fun with It!!! I did:)))



Have a great day!!!  
Linking To: 

I'm trying my best to get this right until the problem Is solved with uploading pictures. 





  

22 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

That is a very cute project... I like to save good issues of magazines too... it's fun to look at them a year or more later, they seem new again... Have a great day...

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so cute--I want to make something like this--in pink! :)

Deserae said...

That is so adorable....such a cute idea to hang it in front of your window too! Thanks for sharing it :o)
~Des

Willow said...

I love your valentine banner, it is so cute. How are you uploading your pics to your blog? Still having trouble with mine.

Anne said...

What a cute idea Kathy! Looks so pretty hanging by your window too!
xx
Anne

Debra @ Common Ground said...

how fun, I love to decorate for Valentine's Day!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is very sweet! I sometimes find decorations for Valentines Day to be a little too bright and garish...this is perfect!

XO,
Jane

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Kathy, that is so pretty. What a great idea. I hope I have some time to try one..Happy Thursday..Judy

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

That is darling. Love the cards mixed in. So cute in the window!
Karen

Melissa said...

I love this idea. Every deck of cards in our house is incomplete and this would be a good way to use up the hearts.

Sharlotte said...

Love your banner! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

Pamela Gordon said...

This is really cute! I hope your photo problem fixes soon!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

How sweet!! I collect old issues too!!

Dawn said...

How cute is that:) Love it!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Really, really cute Kathy. I bought a deck of cards at the DT to make something with them, I think I'll try this because I'm in love with it in your kitchen window♥

Leanne said...

Such a cute banner!! I found you through Crafty Scrappy Happy's link party :)

Craftberry Bush said...

very sweet !

Kristen Whitby said...

Absolutely adorable!! What a fun banner :)

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three said...

This is so adorable! And I love how you added in the playing cards! Pinning for future reference.

Have a great day!
Angela

Shannon@A Cozy Place Called Home said...

Your kitchen is so pretty already but this cute banner makes it even more special. I like the red, pink and white colors used together that way. I also like that you made it not skimpy but with plenty of valentines.
Shannon

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

This is really cute! Ya know, I probably have that issue of Country Home. LOL. I never threw any of them away - that and Country Living are two magazines I keep. Love the other touches of red you added by the sink, too.

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

So cute! I wouldn't mind doing dishes there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...