Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter Mantle

Hello friends,
Hope everyone had a great New Year!! I'm looking forward to a new year, and some new projects. I just want to thank all my readers for sticking around for the last three years. I hope you will continue to get some Inspiration from some of my projects. I'm doing what I truly love to do, and that's surrounding my home with the things I love, and making It a happy home for the man I love!! I have been winterizing the house. The kitchen was first, and now I'm starting the living room. There is some new things going on In the living room that I will show you soon, but let's start with the mantle today!! 



    It's bright and cheerful on the dark day's of winter. That's the big
    plaque that I bought at a moving sale last year. That's one of my
    favorite finds!! 



     I'm keeping It simple with some creamy white ginger jar urns.
     Some dried hydrangeas for a little pop of color.

 

    Got to have some candles!!

                                                 Have a great day!!!!



14 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful mantle Kathy! I have enjoyed reading your blog! I always leave inspired!Looking forward to what you share in this new year!
xx
Anne

Seraphim Home said...

Your mantel looks AMAZING! I have that plaque too! It's Ballard Designs' Grande Bouquet Plaque, but I found a knockoff gray version! Check it out here: http://www.seraphimhome.com/2012/11/ballard-designs-grande-bouquet-plaque.html

- Dana

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Fabulous Find for sure!Looks Lovely~Kim

Highlandview said...

That plaque would be perfect for my mantle. What would I search for on the internet to find something similar?

Cozy Little House said...

That plaque is gorgeous!
Brenda

Stacey said...

Very pretty! You have such a lovely touch in decorating.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's a great plaque, Kathy! It makes for a great focal point on your mantel.

LadyV said...

So very pretty. I love the colours.

Pamela Gordon said...

Your mantel is beautiful and that placque is gorgeous. Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Your mantle is gorgeous. I love the creamy whites!! Happy New Year!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just perfect, Kathy! I love everything and it's balanced so well. I really have a hard time with winter decorating and my mantel is always a challenge. I love to see someone who knows what they are doing! :)

XO,
Jane

Rowan said...

THat's really pretty and fresh looking. Looking forward to seeing what else you do in your living room.

Donna Lynn said...

I don't comment much, but I do enjoy all that you post, this is such a lovely mantle arrangement, simple and beautiful!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

just gorgeous, love that amazing plaque!