Monday, February 25, 2013

A Little Change In The Kitchen

Hello friends,
I'm happy to say the sun Is shining today!! I feel like we are having a tropical heat wave! It's going to be 50 degrees today, and the kitchen looks bright, and cheerful. I made a little change above my cabinet In the kitchen. I decided to change out the breadboards for a cute wire???? Not sure If I should call It a birdhouse! I bought It at a country collectible store we have In town. It caught my eye as soon as I walked In. I wasn't sure where I would hang It, but I think this Is a great spot for It.


  I like the lighter brighter look. I have always loved the breadboards, 
  and I still do, but I think this looks a little brighter for the spring, and 
  summer.  



        I added the wreath, and hot glued a little bird's nest on It. It looked
        too plain without something on the back.




    I think they only have eyes for each other!!!

                                             
                                        Have a great day!!

                                         I'm linking to:
                                         The Dedicated House




19 comments:

Bronwyn said...

This is lovely! I love the nest and birds. Very perfect for spring!

Laurel Stephens said...

What a wonderfully interesting piece, and I love what you've decorated it with. The nest on the wreath is so sweet!

Home Frosting said...

So, so pretty! I love the bird cage. You always add just the right touch! Lesa

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Kathy! I love it and how you've added the wreath with the bird's nest, as well as your little birds. Perfect Spring vignette!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kathy!!

Dawn said...

Darling bird house and you have it decorated so cute:)

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Oh I love that piece. Love how you have decorated it.

Anonymous said...

looks like spring. ang

Cindy said...

That's so cute! It IS very springy.

Cindy

Anne said...

Oh I LOVE this Kathy!What a beautiful spring vignette!I am always inspired when I visit here!
xx
Anne

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the bird cage and how you decorated it...so pretty!!
~Cindy

Karen Hilburn said...

Your display absolutely exudes Springtime, now all we need is warmer weather!
Karen

Brooke Kroeger said...

How cute is that? I love anything with birds nests, I am so ready for SPRING!

I have been behind on my email and finally getting caught up again. So glad I stopped by!
Thanks for sharing!
God bless....Brooke

http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
My home and garden site, where I share my photography.

http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
My Vintage Art and Printables site, free things for you to enjoy!

Melanie said...

Love the bird cage! It looks perfect where you have it displayed.

The Tablescaper said...

So sweet.

I'd love to have you link to Seasonal Sundays one of these days.

- the Tablescaper

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

This is just darling! What sweet birdies :) It's perfect for spring! I always love seeing what you have changed up!
xo, Andrea

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

This is all so pretty! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Art and Sand said...

What a fun piece for decorating. I can see it holding different decorations by the season. Your vignette looks lovely inside.

Jessie Blair said...

Very nice kitchen, want also to transform my kitchen just like yours and I'm considering some help from the best kitchen renovators.