Monday, February 11, 2013

Adding Some Color To The Hutch

Hello friends,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I wanted to add some color to the hutch. I guess I'm rushing spring, but It's right around the corner!! One of my favorite flowers are lily of the valley. I love the tiny bell shaped flowers. I bought four lily of the valley dinner plates a few years ago at the thrift shop. They are my favorite plates, but I only found four of them. I wish I could find more. I wanted to find a way to use them on the hutch. Since I had some green plates I found a way to mix the different plates together. I think It's a great way to add a little spring to the kitchen on these dark days.




   I just mixed things up with some green bordallo plates, and white
   platters.


     There Is something about these plates that I love so much!!! Maybe
     they just say spring!!!



    My follower button didn't disappear I removed It. With a lot of thought
    I decided to remove the follower button. I truly appreciate everyone
    who followed me, and you still can through email. I post because I  
    love to be creative, and maybe give you a little Inspiration. When the
    numbers started to bother me It was time for me to make the decision
    to remove the follower button. I post because It's a creative outlet for  
    me, and I love my home, and It's makes me happy to share the different
    things I do, but I was focusing too much on who Is coming, and who Is
    going. That's not a good thing for me. I feel better already!! Thank you
    all again for following my blog, and I hope you will come back!!



                                                 Have a great day!!





16 comments:

Ginny said...

Hutch looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Laurel Stephens said...

I absolutely understand the deletion of your follower gadget. I love your creative projects and beautiful photographs and use your blog feed icon on my blog sidebar to keep up with your posts.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog and love seeing all you do to your beautiful home. The green plates on your hutch are gorgeous. Kathy

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I hear you on bothering you! I closed my blog as it felt I was just talking to myself and trying to impress others and I only need to impress myself or the one's I love.
The only one I should worry about impressing is the good Lord so I shut mine down.
I do miss the creative part and hope to divert that to another outlet in my life.
The plates are fabulous, I am ready for spring myself.I enjoy your blog and visit often.I have seen many blogs in silence and making changes.My best to you always~Blessings Kim

Julie said...

Gorgeous! So fresh and crisp and green. Love it.

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! Your hutch looks so pretty and your dishes are so lovely.
I'm so glad I'm a long time follower of your blog so your posts will hopefully still come up in my feed. I love coming to your blog and I love seeing what you're up to.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Jeannette said...

Hi Kathy! I always love to view your posts but I do completely understand the follower pressure and that is why I too like WhiteWhispers2U have given up my blog as of today. I will pursue my creative need still but I just will do it quietly.

I hope you will continue your posts as I do admire your style!! Thanks for inspiring me!
Sincerely, Jeannette

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful plates, Kathy! I can see why you love them. Your hutch looks great with the addition of them and the green ones.

Anne said...

With or without a button I LOVE following you! Your talent always inspires me!
What a beautiful cabinet and gorgeous dishes too! Oh I can't wait for spring!
xx
Anne

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, your hutch is beautiful! I love the mixer of plates you used. I love your blog and your creativity so I'll be following right along. Did you get snowed in over the weekend? Hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs, Gail

Deserae said...

Your dishes look so pretty displayed on your hutch and add a nice touch of spring!
~Des

Dawn said...

You always do such a cute job on your hutch. It is always magazine worthy!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Will you still show up in my bloglist? Let me know if I have to do something different in order to see what you post, okay?
I love the dishes too Kathy, what a find!

Sharing Shadymont said...

Beautiful plates! Love the green in the hutch with the whites! So fresh!

tracy said...

I love your decorating! and your hutch with the green dishes is SO beautiful! makes me want to start collecting. And I just spotted your mail-box with the rolling pins! So creative! I love it! thanks for sharing your beautiful home with all of us.
~tracy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the inspiration!I stop in frequently to see what creative idea you have done to your house. Michele