Friday, February 1, 2013

Croque Monsieur.....Lunch For One

Hello friends,
I made a special lunch for myself, which I seldom do. I don't usually eat a big lunch, but today I had a craving for croque monsieur. This popular french food Is tasty, and quick to make. Once in a while I treat myself to something good!! I believe everything In moderation. This Is great served as an appetizer, snack, or for dinner! You can find the recipe here




    It has a nice crunchy crust. The gruyere Is soft, and creamy!! Are you
    hungry yet ?? This goes great with a nice steaming hot bowl of french
    onion soup.

  
    Fresh eggs, and butter!!




   For this recipe I love to use my cast Iron frying pan. It's a great heat
   conductor. Looks so crunchy, and It Is :))) Hope you try It!!!


                                                    Have a great day!!










4 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Love that... I made Croque Madame last Sunday... Or since i'm Italian, and substituted the Gruyere with Fontina, I call it Croque Signora... haha... Have a lovely day...

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks and sounds heavenly, Kathy. I will definitely try making it!

Happy Friday!

XO,
Jane

Anne said...

Yum!That looks delicious!
xx
Anne

Kristi said...

This looks delicious!!! I LOVE Gruyere! Going to have to try this! :)
Kristi