Monday, February 18, 2013

Living Room

Hello friends,
I haven't shown you my living room In a long time! Before christmas we finally bought our new secional from pottery barn. I have been looking since last year for a new sofa, and I found the one I really wanted at pottery barn, but we had to keep saving until we could get the one we wanted. My husband Is a cash on the barrel kind of guy. If we can't pay cash, then we can't buy It!! Darn!!! I guess that's why It took so long to get It. The last time we bought a sofa was twenty years ago. So, I guess It was time. I donated my sofa , and loveseat, and I hope someone will like all those flowers! It did have a lot of flower power! 



 

I added a floral area rug to give the room some color. The coffee table Is a little too big now since the secional Is so large. I'm looking for a smaller one that I can redo. I also added wood roman blinds. 



The secional is so big It's hard to get a picture. It's a lot bigger then we thought!!




    Added more color to the cabinet behind the sofa.
  




 



 


I bought this painting at the consignment store. 







 

I'm not sure If I'm going to paint the old doors yet!! I'm still thinking about It. 

Have a great day!!





 

17 comments:

Debby said...

Very pretty. It is hard to tell the size of sectionals, isn't it. You can't beat PB even if you have to save forever.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Your new sofa is wonderful, and I still love the coffeetable. Big sofas need big coffee tables!

Deserae said...

Your living room looks so beautiful....I love your new sofa!!!!! It was well worth the wait in my opinion :o)
~Des

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the sectional and it will last forever so you're good for a very long time. I have had my PB sofa for at least ten years and have washed the slips many times. Still like new.

Melinda Belle Harrison said...

I'm looking for a rug for a white room. I love the one you have. I'd also like some rose or pink. Do you mind me asking where you purchased your rug?

Stacey said...

That whole room is just stunning! I do like the wood colored doors for the contrast.

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, your room looks beautiful! I love your rug too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Cindy said...

Oh wow, your sofa is fabulous! It looks so comfy too. I bet you're loving it!

Cindy

Anne said...

Beautiful sofa!Your mantle looks so pretty too.Oooo lala that chandy is gorgeous too!
xx
Anne

Susan said...

I love your family room. That beautiful painting you found the consignment shop is my favorite of your whole room.

White Weathered Hutch, said...

I love your new sectional! Will the covers come off to wash. Your hubby sounds like mine.
Cash only. We are also due for new. Ours is 30 years old but we are hardly ever in the living room.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I seem to change sofas about every 7 years. I have heard that is the average turn around time for people to change. Your living room is beautiful and good for your husband to pay cash for everything. My father was the same way....it sure paid off in the end.
`Hugs, Patti

Sharing Shadymont said...

Very pretty room. Love the colors you've added to your whites.

Gail said...

Your living room is so pretty Kathy! I love the sectional and that chandelier is gorgeous!! Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

Connie said...

O your new sectional is gorgeous! I love love white furniture and it looks perfect in your photos. We have a light color sectional that is aged but still looks nice, but I would love to replace it with a new one just like yours! Happy for you that you got what you really wanted. :)

Lilla Kullan said...

Lovely and pretty.:-) Hugs Stina

The Comfort of a Safe Place said...

I love the "too big" coffee table! And I love the sectional. If I could fit a sectional in here, I'd love one, but don't know if I could part with the furniture I have and LOVE!

Jan ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...